Robert E. Grady
Joined Gryphon: 2015
Industry Group: Industrial Growth
Currently serves on Gryphon Company Board:
Potter Electric Signal Company
Bob is a Partner and joined Gryphon in 2015 to head Gryphon’s Industrial Growth Team and is responsible for leading the origination, monitoring and growth of portfolio investments and for managing the group. Bob has over two decades of private equity experience, and is a member of Gryphon’s Investment Review Committee.
Current Directorships: Washing Systems, LLC; Envision; Maxim Integrated Products — Nasdaq: “MXIM” (semiconductors); and Stifel Financial Corporation — NYSE: “SF” (brokerage and asset management).
Former Investments/Directorships: Authentec (“AUTH”, acquired by Apple Computer), Blackboard (“BBBB”, acquired by Providence Equity), eScreen (acquired by Alere Corp.), Viator (acquired by Trip Advisor), and Wall Street Institute (acquired by Pearson Education).Prior to Gryphon, Bob’s experience included:
- Cheyenne Capital Fund: General Partner and Member of the Investment Committee
- New Jersey State Investment Council: Chairman, Chairman of the Investment Policy Committee
- The Carlyle Group: Partner and member of the Management Committee
- Robertson Stephens & Company: Partner and member of the Management Committee
- The White House: Deputy Assistant to President George H.W. Bush, Executive Associate Director of the Office of Management and Budget (“OMB”), and as OMB Associate Director for Natural Resources, Energy and Science.
MBA, Stanford Graduate School of Business
AB, Harvard College
- Member, Council on Foreign Relations
- Visiting Fellow, Hoover Institution, Stanford University (2011-2013)
- Chairman, New Jersey State Investment Council (2010-2014) – oversees NJ’s $78 billion pension plan
- Chairman, National Venture Capital Association (“NVCA”) (2006-2007)
- Director, National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) (2002-2007)
- Lecturer in Public Management, Stanford Graduate School of Business (1993-2004)