Human Resources, Managing Director
Joined Gryphon: 2013
Industry Group: Human Capital
Tom focuses on human resources within Gryphon’s Human Capital Group. He has worked with Gryphon portfolio companies and their management teams since 2013 to ensure that each company’s HR capabilities support overall operating and strategic objectives. This includes optimizing current HR processes and systems, creating and implementing best-in-class HR practices, and providing coaching to support the development of the HR team. Tom also leads HR due diligence for prospective investments.Prior to Gryphon, Tom’s experience included:
- Larcen Consulting Group, Human Resources Practice Leader – Worked with CEOs and their executive teams to align best practice initiatives in support of growth and integration strategies. Clients included a broad range of industries and ownership structures. Significant work with private equity-owned companies.
- Dawn Food Products – CHRO for the world’s largest privately held bakery foods company with $2bn in revenue and 4,000 employees, where he had the unique experience of also leading their $300mm international division.
- Armstrong World Industries – VP of Talent Management at the world leader in hard surface flooring/acoustical ceiling tile, with $3.2bn in revenue and 15,000 employees worldwide.
- Other HR leadership roles– Pfizer, PepsiCo, and Nestle.
M.I.L.R., Human Resources, Cornell University
B.S., Business & Computer Science, State University of New York – Geneseo
Lominger, Leadership Architect certified
Development Dimensions International, Success Profiles certified
- Samaritan’s Purse, Children’s Heart Project, host family –Arranges life-saving operations for hundreds of children who live in countries where the required medical expertise and equipment are not available