Senior Fund Accountant
Joined Gryphon: 2020
Industry Group: Finance Group
Carrie Whitsett joined Gryphon in 2020 as a Senior Fund Accountant. In her role, Carrie is responsible for the financial accounting for a number of the Gryphon funds.Prior to Gryphon, Carrie’s experience included:
- Robert Half Salaried Professionals, Financial Consultant – Long-term dedicated financial consultant.
- Afterpay, Senior Finance Accountant (North America) – Provided finance support for the launch of the U.S. and Canada Finance branches.
- Coinbase, Senior Revenue Specialist – Responsible for documentation of revenue conclusions, analytics, system process, and improvements for crypto-currency.
- Farallon, Senior Fund Accountant – Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements for select firm funds.
- Passport Capital, Corporate Account Manager – Responsible for financial accounting for the firm’s management company.
- Vista Equity Partners, Senior Staff Accountant – Worked on financial accounting for the firm’s management company.
- SS&C, Senior Fund Accountant – Responsible for financial accounting for the firm’s venture capital and private equity accounts.
- Conifer Securities, Operations Associate – Responsible for financial accounting for the back-office operations of the funds and investors.
- B.S., Political Science, Sonoma State University
- San Francisco Walk to End Alzheimer’s, Team Recruitment Chair, San Francisco Walk to End Alzheimer’s: Annual Walk Fundraiser to raise funds & community awareness for the fight against Alzheimer’s.
- California Preservation Foundation, Volunteer, California Preservation Foundation: provides statewide leadership, advocacy and education to ensure the protection of California’s diverse cultural heritage and historic places.