Joined Gryphon: 2020
Industry Group: Operations Resources Group
Michael joined Gryphon in 2020 as General Counsel. In his role, his responsibilities include transaction structuring and execution, risk analysis and management, and corporate governance. Michael brings over 25 years of experience with leading global companies across investment banking, law, and privately held investment companies. Michael serves on the Board of ALJ Regional Holdings (NASDAQ: ALJJ), an owner and operator of customer service-based businesses.Prior to Gryphon, Michael’s experience included:
- Pohlad Companies, Chief Operating & Strategy Officer – Operational and legal responsibility for a group of wholly owned operating businesses through a privately held investment company. Select investments include the Minnesota Twins, Par Systems, United Properties, Carousel Motors, Northmarq Capital, and a large portfolio of non-control private equity investments across a range of industries.
- MacAndrews & Forbes Incorporated, Senior Vice President – Senior executive for Ronald O. Perelman’s investment vehicle, with interests in digital services, media and entertainment, biotechnology, gaming, financial services, consumer products, defense, and food products. Primary focus on buying and building high cash flow businesses with leading market positions and helping companies innovate and evolve through emerging technologies.
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, Associate, Mergers & Acquisitions Group – Negotiated and executed all forms of purchase and sale agreements for public and private transactions, accompanying financings, ancillary agreements, and regulatory filings.
- Goldman Sachs Group, Analyst – Worked in the internal financing group of Goldman Sachs.
- Vice Chairman of Board of Pursuit.org, a non profit program to train people in under-served communities to code and build careers in the tech industry.
- Advisory Board of Venture For America, a non-profit program to place college grads in tech start-ups in economically hard-hit cities.
- Advisory Board of Children’s Rights, a non-profit organization that defends children in the foster care system.