Joined Gryphon: 2019
Industry Group: Operations Resources Group
Tony is a Managing Director within Gryphon’s Operations Resources Group. A former two-time CFO for public companies and former consultant to leading private equity firms, Tony partners with the functional teams at Gryphon’s portfolio companies to implement best practices in finance, tax, accounting, information technology, and regulatory compliance, with a focus on scalability, efficiency, and control.Prior to Gryphon, Tony’s experience included:
- Strategic Private Equity Consultant –Consulted with numerous leading private equity firms, advising on acquisition diligence, portfolio company business and operations strategies, and industry dynamics.
- FEI Company (NASDAQ: FEIC), Chief Financial Officer – Global responsibility for all accounting and finance functions, as well as strategic long-range planning, mergers and acquisitions, investor relations, and information technology. FEI was the world leader in electron microscopy until the sale of the company to Thermo Fisher Scientific in fall 2016.
- FLIR Systems, Inc (NASDAQ: FLIR), Chief Financial Officer – Global responsibility for all accounting and finance functions, as well as strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, investor relations, information technology, and human resources for the world’s largest commercial infrared imaging company. Joined the company as Senior Vice President of Corporate Strategy and promoted to CFO. Grew revenue by a factor of 6x and market capitalization by over 10x during tenure.
- Bank of America Securities, Managing Director – Responsible for strategic client relationships in the healthcare, technology hardware, and industrials sectors.
- PNC Bank, Vice President and Manager, West Coast Banking.
M.B.A., University of Pittsburgh
B.A., Economics, The Catholic University of America
Harvard Business School Advanced Management Program