Operating Partner, Business Services Group
Joined Gryphon: 2021
Industry Group: Operations Resources Group
Currently serves on Gryphon Company Boards:
Jeff joined Gryphon in 2021 as an Operating Partner for Gryphon’s Business Services Group. He has over 35 years of experience running and delivering profitable growth across numerous service industry companies.
At Gryphon, Jeff works closely with the senior management of portfolio companies to aid in delivering strong sales and profitability performance utilizing commercial and operational levers. In addition, Jeff is a member of Gryphon’s investment review committee and works closely with the business services deal team to identify, evaluate, and execute investments.Prior to Gryphon, Jeff’s experience included:
- Team Car Care, dba Jiffy Lube – As CEO, Jeff led a successful turnaround, reversing 10 years of sales & profitability declines.
- Sears Home Services – As CEO, Jeff led turn-around of a $3.5 billion national services group, restored market share, and doubled profitability.
- Eli Lilly – As SVP, Technology Services, Jeff led the technology services transformation of a large pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Carlson Marketing – As CEO, Jeff led a turnaround of a struggling $1B global marketing services company. Restored market share and profitability, culminating in a successful auction process and sale of the company.
- TGI Fridays – As CEO, Jeff led a turnaround and expansion of an international restaurant chain. Restored confidence of franchisee base, product offering and profitability, leading to a successful sale of the company.
- Medtronic – As President, Medtronic Services, Jeff established a highly successful Services business for world’s largest medical device company.
- GE Medical Systems – COO, Americas.
- Ford Motor Company – Technology services leader.
B.S., Computer Science, Oakland University
Business Management Program, GE Crotonville
Directors Consortium, Stanford LawReturn to List