Managing Director, Human Resources, Human Capital Group
Joined Gryphon: 2020
Industry Group: Human Capital
Rich focuses on Human Resources (HR) activities within Gryphon’s Human Capital Group. In his role he works with senior executives and working teams within the Industrial Growth and Business Services Groups to lead, manage, and facilitate human capital, organizational development, leadership, and team effectiveness initiatives. Rich also works with the Gryphon Human Capital Team to more broadly develop human resources and organization development processes.Prior to Gryphon, Richard’s experience included:
- Danaher Corporation, Global Platform VP Human Resources for Sensors and Controls and Product Identification – Upgraded and developed Human Resources teams and processes, while driving benchmark organization, culture, acquisition integration, talent, succession, engagement, diversity and inclusion capabilities to support record revenue growth and profitability. Sponsored by Danaher’s CEO, Initiated the Corporate role of VP Leadership Development developing Danaher’s first leadership development programs for Group Executives, Presidents, General Managers and front-line leaders, while also co-developing and leading Danaher’s global training programs on recruiting & selection and developing talent.
- Danaher Corporation, VP Human Resources for High Growth (Emerging) Markets – Led Global Human Resources for Videojet Technologies building a world class employment brand and associate relations program recognized by multiple “Best and Brightest Company to Work For” awards, winning Top 101 in the United States and an Elite award in Chicago.
- Saint-Gobain Global Plastics, Director of Human Resources – Led all HR practices for the Hose and Tubing and Medical Products Business units, including organization development, positive employee relations, sales and management compensation, benefits, recruitment, and leadership development.
- Premier Farnell, Director of Corporate Human Resources – Responsible for corporate HR administration, policy development, safety, and communications while supporting the design, implementation, and communication of global benefits programs.
- Aleris, Corporate Employee Relations & Division Human Resources Manager – Drove and facilitated step-function improvements in labor and employee relations, management training, organization development, and union/management joint continuous improvement processes which dramatically improved productivity, safety, delivery, quality, and profitability.
B.B.A., University of Michigan, Stephen M. Ross School of Business
Strategic Human Resources Certification, Harvard Business School
Alumni in Residence, University of Michigan, Stephen M. Ross School of Business (2018-to present)