Operating Partner, Heritage Group
Joined Gryphon: 2020
Industry Group: Operations Resources Group
Currently serves on Gryphon Company Boards:
Vivify Specialty Ingredients
Wittichen Supply Company
Craig joined Gryphon in 2020 as an Operating Partner to Gryphon’s Heritage Fund team. He works closely with senior management teams of Heritage Fund portfolio companies to maximize short- and long-term operating and financial performance, while also working with the Gryphon team to evaluate prospective investments. A seasoned business services and industrial growth executive, Mr. Nikrant has more than 35 years’ experience driving commercial, technological, and manufacturing growth and organizational effectiveness for global specialty materials companies.Prior to Gryphon, Craig’s experience included:
- Washing Systems, CEO & Board Member – Served as CEO and member of the Board of Washing Systems, a former Gryphon portfolio company, where he led and facilitated an expedited sale with a successful close in August of 2018 to Kao International, a $13 billion Japanese public company.
- PolyOne, Senior Vice President, Executive Officer, and President of the Global Specialty Engineered Materials Division – Led the operating segment of the world’s leading formulator of specialty materials. Led a $630 million business with 1,100 employees and 18 sites around the world, transforming it from a low margin commodity business to a high margin specialty formulator of advanced materials. Executed seven acquisitions during his tenure.
- General Electric Company – 17 years in various leadership positions and ever-increasing responsibility at GE Plastics, including General Manager of the Specialty Film and Sheet business, leading the global commercial effectiveness effort and serving as a six sigma master black belt. Over his tenure, Craig also held a variety of cross-functional roles in marketing, commercial leadership, and manufacturing.
- 3M Company, Sales Representative – Began his career in the Industrial Specialties Division of 3M.
B.S., Business Administration, Bowling Green State UniversityCommunity Outreach:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Ohio, Board Member 2007 – 2016
- Greater Cleveland Sports Commission Trustee, Nonprofit leveraging sports for the economic benefit of Greater Cleveland, Ohio, 2016 -2019
- Leadership Cleveland graduate, class of 2012
- Graduate of GE Crotonville Management Institute