Managing Director, Information Technology
Joined Gryphon: 2023
Industry Group: Shared Resource – Gryphon Information Technology
Piers joined Gryphon in 2023 as a Managing Director, bringing more than 25 years of experience as an Information Technology executive with a global career spanning various industry verticals and exposure to multiple technologies and international markets. Piers is focused on providing IT advisory services to Gryphon and its portfolio companies, helping ensure that they have the optimal IT strategies to support their core business transformation goals. Additionally, Piers will be heavily focused on providing cyber security support across the group.Prior to Gryphon, Piers’s experience included:
- Shermco, Chief Information Officer – Led all information technology management initiatives, including infrastructure, architecture, security and internal transformation efforts, including external technology partnerships.
- HCL, Senior Vice President, Life Sciences – Provided advisory services to marquee customers in the pharmaceutical and life sciences arena, advising CIOs, CTOs and CISOs on strategic initiatives. In addition, Piers was given P&L accountability for C3i Solutions, an HCL subsidiary, focusing on providing multi-channel customer engagement services, and support for drug safety & pharmacovigilance.
- Fonterra, Global CIO – Based in Auckland as Global CIO for Fonterra, New Zealand’s largest company and a foremost global producer of dairy and other nutritional products, Piers facilitated a complete transformation of Fonterra’s IT and digital capabilities on a global basis. In the process of this transformation, several critical strategic partnerships with world-class technology companies were implemented which have considerably strengthened the technology capabilities of the organization.
- General Cable, Global CIO – Focused on e-Commerce, ERP, data, logistics, and cyber security. Oversaw the technology aspects of the acquisition/integration of General Cable by the Prysmian Group of Milan.
- Eli Lilly and Company – Piers held a variety of different functional positions over a 17 year career at Eli Lilly, joining Eli Lilly Japan in 2000 as Head of Digital Marketing Services in Kobe. Piers then moved to Hong Kong, taking responsibility for IT in Asia Pacific. Further assignments in the USA and Japan followed with Piers taking additional executive IT responsibilities for emerging markets, Japan, corporate innovation and oncology.
B.A., Modern Languages, University of Southampton, United KingdomCommunity Outreach:
Piers is involved in supporting wildlife conservation projects in South Africa to protect endangered species.Return to List