Managing Director, Human Resources, Human Capital Group
Joined Gryphon: 2022
Industry Group: Human Capital
Barry joined Gryphon in 2022 as a Managing Director in Gryphon’s Human Capital Group and focuses on Human Resource (HR) activities. In his role he works with senior executives and working teams within the Software and Business Services Groups to lead, manage, and facilitate human capital, organizational, and human resource effectiveness initiatives. Barry also works with the Gryphon Human Capital Team to more broadly develop human resources processes for our portfolio HR leaders. Barry’s specialty skills include organizational and HR assessment, employee engagement, performance management, total rewards, employee relations, HR Operations, and mergers & acquisitions.Prior to Gryphon, Barry’s experience included:
- Breakthrough HR, Founder – Founder of a human capital-focused consulting firm. Led engagements supporting transformative growth initiatives at companies ranging in size from startups to members of the Fortune 500, including clients such as Intuit, eBay, Side Inc., and Sibly, among others.
- Doctor On Demand, Head of Human Resources – Re-developed the HR function for greater efficiency and employee effectiveness at a leading telemedicine company, while supporting the CEO and leadership team on strategic goals.
- Verifone, Vice President of Human Resources – Led the global HR efforts within the global technology function of the world’s best-known end-to-end payments solution.
- PayPal, Senior Director and Human Resources Leader for Global Product – Helped drive the re-design of the end-to-end product lifecycle.
- Intel – Served in various human resource leadership roles, including Head of Learning and Organizational Effectiveness for the global sales group, and Head of the Global Relocation Function.
- Citibank Private Bank, Vice President in Training & Development.
B.A., Psychology University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
M.B.A., Specializing in Human Resources, University of Southern California (USC)
Pro bono human resource consulting to charitable institutions and non-profits including Project Angel Food, an organization that prepares and delivers over one million medically tailored meals each year, free of charge to homes of men, women, and children affected by life-threatening illnesses.Return to List