Operating Partner, Healthcare Group
Joined Gryphon: 2017
Industry Group: Operations Resources Group
Currently serves on Gryphon Company Boards:
AQUA Dermatology (FKA Water’s Edge Dermatology)
Heartland Veterinary Partners
Physical Rehabilitation Network (PRN)
Vision Innovation Partners (VIP)
Kevin joined Gryphon full time in 2017 as an Operating Partner to Gryphon’s Healthcare Group after becoming a member of Gryphon’s Executive Advisory Board in 2015 and later partnering as an exclusive operating consultant to Gryphon in 2016. In his current role, he works closely with Gryphon’s Healthcare Group and the senior management teams at Gryphon portfolio companies to maximize short and long-term operating and financial performance. He also assists Gryphon deal teams in identifying, evaluating, and executing investments. Kevin is currently the Executive Chairman of LEARN Behavioral in addition to holding a board director role at healthcare portfolio companies AQUA Dermatology (FKA Water’s Edge Dermatology), Heartland Veterinary Partners, Physical Rehabilitation Network (PRN), and Vision Innovation Partners (VIP). He was the Executive Chairman of former portfolio company Ob Hospitalist Group which was sold in 2021. In addition to his role as an Operating Partner at Gryphon, he serves on the board of Longevity Health Plan and is a former board member of IMC Health, D&S Community, and ActualMeds.
Prior to joining Gryphon, Kevin worked across a broad spectrum of the healthcare landscape and brings over 35 years of senior management experience in a range of healthcare technology, payor and physician/retail services businesses. Businesses included urgent care, healthcare payment processing technology services to health plans, employers and TPAs, physician practice management in women’s health and cancer care, quality management systems for hospitals, SaaS technology for healthcare benefit brokers, HMO management, and population management for pharma companies. Kevin is also a former guest lecturer at Boston University School of Management.Prior to Gryphon, Kevin’s experience included:
- Fastmed Urgent Care, President & CEO – Served as President and CEO of Fastmed Urgent Care, the second largest independent urgent care operator in the U.S. Grew the company from 9 clinics to 87 clinics and had an annual revenue CAGR of 45% over the course of three years.
- Evolution Benefits, Executive Vice President – Managed the customer side of the business (including sales, marketing and account management) for a technology and debit card provider for tax advantaged accounts products such as FSA, HAS, and HRA. Helped grow the company from less than 300,000 cards to over 1.5 million in 5.5 years.
- Benefit Point, President & COO – Managed all aspects of a leading Employee Benefit CRM and Insurance Procurement Company whose customers included 140 of the leading benefit brokers in the U.S.
- Women’s Health USA, President and COO – A company founder and COO of operations for one of the largest management services organization in the physician management business. Also served as CEO of the company’s Connecticut business and CEO of its fertility management operations.
- Value Health, Senior Vice President – Managed the sales, marketing and product development for one of the four divisions of this publicly traded company. Helped grow company division from <$10 million to >$100 million in revenue.
B.A., Medical Sociology, Boston University
M.P.H., Health Systems, Boston University School of Medicine