Operating Partner, Consumer Group
Joined Gryphon: 2020
Industry Group: Operations Resources Group
Currently serves on Gryphon Company Boards:
Revision Skincare & Goodier Cosmetics
Mike joined Gryphon in 2020 as an Operating Partner for Gryphon’s Consumer Team. He has over 25 years of experience building brands and delivering profitable growth across numerous consumer packaged goods companies.
At Gryphon, Mike works closely with the senior management of portfolio companies to aid in delivering strong sales and profitability performance utilizing commercial and operational levers. In addition, Mike is a member of Gryphon’s investment review committee and works closely with the consumer deal team to identify, evaluate, and execute investments.Prior to Gryphon, Mike’s experience included:
- CAVU Venture Partners – As CAVU’s first Operating Partner, Mike worked closely with the senior leadership team of Vital Proteins to set their multiyear strategy. In addition, Mike served as a coach to multiple CEOs within the portfolio.
- WhiteWave Foods – As President of Horizon Organic, North America’s largest organic food business, Mike more than doubled revenue while improving profitability. He was a long-standing member of the senior leadership team. WhiteWave was acquired by Danone in 2017.
- Abbott Nutrition – As VP and GM of Abbott’s Healthy Living franchise, Mike drove profitable growth by strengthening go-to-market strategy along with acquiring and integrating multiple brands and businesses.
- Campbell Soup – As VP for Campbell’s red & white condensed soup business, Mike led the turnaround of a multi-decade decline by improving brand relevance by upgrading product and packaging quality while strengthening marketing.
- Segway LLC – VP of Marketing.
- Procter & Gamble – Brand Manager across a range of businesses in the Paper Sector.
- Society Bank (now KeyBank) – Corporate Banking Officer.
M.B.A, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
B.S., Business Administration-Finance, Miami University