Chief Operating Officer
Joined Gryphon: 2023
Industry Group: Gryphon Management
Ann joined Gryphon in 2023 to lead the firm’s daily operations, investor relations, and fundraising efforts. She brings three decades of financial services experience to Gryphon, with the first decade of her career as deal professional in investment banking before transitioning to operating roles at investment firms. She has held newly created COO roles at Thomas Weisel Partners (NASDAQ: TWPG, now Stifel Financial) and Artisan Partners (NYSE: APAM) where she built high-performing teams, management systems, and best practices to support transformational growth. Both companies completed IPOs during her tenure. Ann also managed a multi-billion-dollar family office and was a limited partner in several private equity funds.Prior to Gryphon, Ann’s experience included:
- Wasatch Global Investors, Chief Operating Officer, Research – Led human capital, equity research, and systems development for this $25B AUM global small- and mid-cap public equities investment manager.
- First Virtual Group, Managing Director – Served as CIO, CFO, and COO of a multi-billion dollar diversified holding company with global interests in real estate, agribusiness, aviation, marine, financial asset management, and innovative philanthropy.
- Artisan Partners (NYSE: APAM), Chief Operating Officer, Global Equity Team – Led a $30B AUM multinational investment team with offices in San Francisco, New York, London, and Singapore.
- Thomas Weisel Partners (NASDAQ: TWPG now Stifel Financial), Chief Operating Officer and Director of Marketing & Communications – Built out best practices and management and IT systems for the investment banking department of this start up bank that was founded in 1998 and went public in 2006.
- Investment Banker at Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan, and Hambrecht & Quist – Advised companies on public and private equity and M&A transactions.
A.B., Harvard College
M.Sc., The London School of Economics and Political Science
M.B.A., The Tuck School at Dartmouth College
The Amos Tuck School – Member of the Board of Advisors which provides the Dean of the Tuck School and the President, Provost and the Board of Trustees of Dartmouth College on the strategy and operations of Dartmouth’s MBA program.
The Hamlin School – Member of the Board of Trustees and member of the Finance and Audit & Risk Committees for this independent K-8 San Francisco school whose mission is to educate girls to meet the challenges of their time.
Episcopal Impact Fund – Member of the Board of Directors and Investment Committee for this non-profit organization that focuses on breaking the cycle of intergenerational poverty in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Harvard College Fund – Member of the Executive Committee for this group that advises Harvard College on alumni fundraising and engagement.Return to List